Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Frustration!!!!

My computer is acting ugly today and won't allow me to upload any pictures to my blog site. It has a mind of its own and obviously it is smarter than I am because I sure can't seem to get it to do what I want it to do. I guess that's the way it will be for now until I can get Chris over here to help me outsmart it.

I haven't blogged in awhile just because there has been so much going on. Like I stated earlier, Melodie had her thyroid removed but she is pretty much fully recovered and doing very well. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns for her.

Please keep those prayers coming our way though because Sandie also had surgery on that same day to have a tumor removed. Unfortunately, Sandie's didn't turn out as well. Most all know that Sandie had surgery about two years ago for skin cancer so when this lump showed up the doctor immediately wanted to remove it. Unfortunately, when the report came back, it showed the tumor was cancer again. Sandie went yesterday and met with an oncologist in Nashville and going next week for a PET and CT scan. She will be undergoing an intensive 8 hour surgery on July 6. Right now Sandie needs lots of prayer and I am asking God to please intervene here and just wrap his loving arms around her and protect her. Please pray that Sandie's PET scan will come back okay...which would mean the cancer has not spread to other parts of her body. Even going through this difficult time in her life Sandie is an extraordinarily strong girl and I am confident the Lord will heal her. She is a wonerful wife, mother and daughter-in-law whom we all love dearly.

Even though we are going through alot of tough times right now, I know that God is here with us every single moment. He has never promised to take our troubles away, but he has promised he would take us through our troubles. I know he is with all of us now and will bring us through to be stronger people. Right now I am relying heavily on my Lord and I believe he can and will answer our prayers.

There have been wonderful things going on too. My back healed just in time for David and I to take all three of our grandchildren camping for a week. We had a wonderful time just being lazy all week long and enjoying each others company. While we were there Cassidy attended Horse Camp so she was in seventh heaven. She got to take two trail rides each day, groomed the horses, learned how to tack a horse, and even had to clean the stalls (or scoop the poop, as I call it). Needless to say, she had a smile on her face the entire week.

No comments:

Post a Comment